Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Family time!

Well I managed to get down to Vancouver for the weekend and am so thankful I did. Due to to the expediency of Eli’s transport to Vancouver on the day he was diagnosed there really wasn’t any time for proper goodbyes and quite frankly the day was traumatic for our entire family. This weekend was time for Dana and I to talk face to face and a brief chance to spend time as a family. Eli was allowed to leave the ward for a few hours to go to Ronald MacDonald House with us and we got to have lunch together as a family, these times will be rare in the months ahead. Dana was then able to spend the afternoon and evening and part of Sunday with K
for the first time in two weeks and I got to spend time with Eli. It was good for all of us. The hope is, that RMH will become home for Dana and Eli about Easter weekend but that’s dependent on his numbers. We got the tour of RMH this weekend and have a room ready (Katie and I stayed there) and it will certainly be a welcome change from the hospital. Unfortunately due to COVID restrictions there will be no visitors allowed. 

I was also able to bring a number of items from home for both of them to make the stay a little easier. I also brought Eli some cards and gifts from friends here in PG. He was most excited. 

Overall he seems to be responding well. The sugar tests and insulin aren’t fun and are getting tiresome. He also takes multiple oral medications, some of which taste petty bad apparently but he’s doing it. The temporary diabetes is connected to one of the treatments he’s getting but not as often so his blood sugars should stabilize between doses. He’s also at a point where he’s able to be off his friend IVY for good stretches. 

Right now April 8 is the day we’re looking towards when this first round is done and they do another biopsy to see where he’s at. We won’t really know what the months ahead look like until then. 

I’m back home for the time being as I continue to work and will start to tackle a few projects that will need to be completed before Eli comes home. There’s nothing besides a good cleaning that must be done before he can come home but like every house we have a few “should be done in the next couple years projects” that cannot be undertaken once he comes home so it’s deciding what to do in the next 4-6 months and what can wait for 2+ years.

Thank you again for your love and support. We are incredibly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.